Our updated COVID-19 Procedures
Regular Pre-Arrival Self Screening
In addition to following the protection measures outlined by the Ontario Ministry of Health, anyone coming into the flight school at both locations must strictly adhere to our mandatory self-screening that is posted at our entrances, each and every time you come in:
- Please do not come in if you are feeling sick. If you need to cancel your booking because you are not feeling well, we will not charge you a cancellation fee. You may be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test upon return. Symptoms can include new or worsening cough, chills and fever, sore throat, decrease or loss of taste and smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tiredness and sore muscles, pink eye, headache.
- Please do not come into the flight school if a member of your household currently has COVID-19 or if you recently have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19. We ask that if this is your situation, you stay home for 14 days and notify us immediately if you have been at the school. You may be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test to return.
- If you have been ordered to self-isolate for any reason, please do not come into the flight school until your self isolation is complete.
- If you have travelled internationally in the previous 14 days before your booking, you may be asked to provide a negative COVID-19 test, please connect with us regarding your situation.
- Aircraft sanitizer is available and we ask that you sanitize the aircraft after use.
Vaccination Policy for the Parry Sound Location ONLY
As the Parry Sound location of Near North Aviation is registered as a Private Career College, The Ontario Ministry of Colleges and Universities has mandated a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for this location of the flight school. We now must require all students, staff, customers, and visitors to our location to be fully vaccinated no later than October 20th, 2021.
Effective October 1st, 2021, we will now be asking for the following upon arrival to add to your student/renter file, along with any visitors:
- Show proof of full vaccination of a recommended COVID-19 vaccine (meaning 14 days since your second dose). For students and parents who provide this, we will put this on your file, and you will not be asked again on your future visits.
- Provide written documentation from a physician that sets out (i) a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (ii) the effective time-period for the medical reason.
For individuals who choose not to disclose their vaccination status, who are not fully vaccinated, or who have a medical reason as noted above, you will need to provide a verified rapid-antigen test upon arrival at our location, and the test must have been completed within Canada in the last 7 days.
Students and visitors are responsible for the cost and sourcing of such tests on an ongoing basis. We are expecting to procure a small amount of rapid antigen tests at our office, but we cannot guarantee availability. The responsibility will be on the student to ensure a test is available from us or another location before their booking and in accordance with our policy. If the requirements cannot be met, we may have to forfeit your booking, and you may be charged a cancellation fee.
We realize this is not a static situation, for many it can be frustrating, and we may have to adjust this policy again in the future.
Please connect with us directly to address any questions or concerns at 705-378-0981 or firstname.lastname@example.org.